Now-a-days, as the quality of education and its methods are growing very fast with latest computerized technologies and skills; the need to upgrade the College into collegiate level come to the mind of the management. The joint and untiring effort of management, all the directors, the principal and nursing staff made it possible to upgrade it with collegiate programme in the year 2015. We have now started the collegiate programme with Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing by an approval of 30 seats from Indian Nursing Council New Delhi , Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot, Punjab Nurses Registration Council , Chandigarh and Govt of Punjab.
At Present we are running General Nursing and Midwifery Course with 60 seats and Post Basic B.Sc. with 30 seats. General Nursing and Midwifery Course is a diploma course of 3 years and our outgoing students are in almost all the countries of the world.
The College is offering General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) Course approved by PNRC, Chandigarh and INC, New Delhi. This is a complete fulltime three & half years (3½) course, with English as the medium of instruction. The students are given (theoretical in the class room) and practical training in wards. In addition to this there shall be one year in community Nursing and Midwifery during this period.
Eligibility criteria for admission
- G.N.M- Must pass 10+2 examination (in any stream- medical, non-medical, commerce, arts) with 40%marks.
- For S.C/S.T students 35% marks.
- Age limit - Between : 17 to 35 years. Married can also apply
- POST BASIC B.Sc - Must be a registered nurse from a recognized university.
- Other terms and conditions as per the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot.
On completion of the course, the nurse will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in providing health care to individual, sick or well using nursing process.
- Assess and evaluate the nursing need of clients from birth to death.
- Plan and implement appropriate action to meet the nursing needs.
- Provide effective nursing care for maintaining best possible level of health in all aspects.
- Promote self care in people and eradicate self care deficit syndrome.
- Do for better nursing practice; apply latest problem solving technology.
- Assess and evaluate the nursing process and effectiveness of nursing care.
- Function effectively and keep a good inter personal relationship with the members of the health team and the community.
- Maintain a good rapport with patients, attendants and coworkers.
- Fulfill the motto of curative, preventive and promotive as well as rehabilitative care.
- Consider and maintain the ethical values in nursing profession.
- Give good counseling and health education to the needy.
- Be an excellent educator, counselor, leader, organizer, administrator and teacher for the community.
- Only the top candidates will be called for interview. No TA/DA will be admissible. Separate letters for interview will be issued.
- Appearing for an interview does not mean selection. The selection of the candidates depends on the decision of the selection committee, whose decision will be final.
- The selected candidates will be informed of their selection soon after the interview. The selected candidate must deposit the fees immediately after their selection, failing which admission can be cancelled and the next candidate in the waiting list will be called for admission.
Though we are having our own parent multi specialty hospital, we also send our students to some other areas, for their clinical practice to gain more experience and make them more experts.
During the community Health clinical practice, we send our nursing students to both urban and rural areas of CHC Sahnewal as well as Community Health Centre (CHC) Payal, where they work in the CHC setting and the home setting.
Annual Fees & Dues:
As per the guidelines of P.N.R.C. Chandigarh & Baba Farid University of Health Sciences.
The college has the state of art like:
- Nursing Foundation Lab.
- Nutrition Lab.
- Pre- Science Clinical Lab.
- A.V. Aid Lab.
- Maternal and Child Health Lab.
- Computer Lab with internet / Wi-Fi Connection.
- Community Health Nursing Lab.
Objective of Nursing Course
- To teach the student how to be a member of a team, managing patients and providing health care.
- To train as competent and compassionate bedside nurse.
- To transform into an educator of patients, families and people.
- To make her a learner through promoting skill of self-learning and continuing education.
- To develop her into a research scholar.
- To teach her ethics and International code of Nursing.
- To work with in the available resources.
- To rise unto any emergency such as accidents, natural calamities.
- To help her in developing her overall personality.
- Ultimately to be a leader of the team and an able administrator.
- Producing a young dedicated nurse who is unrestricted by consideration of age, sex, social status, race or religion.
- To teach her that while providing nursing care, the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of the patient are respected.
All the laboratories are well equipped. Practicals are first taught theoretically in the class-rooms and later the students are divided into groups and each procedure is demonstrated by the teacher in the respective labs. Then the students perform the practical with nursing ethics and re- demonstration is given to teachers. After that they are sent to the clinical areas for duties. A Procedure book \ log book is maintained by the students.
All the class-rooms are well ventilated and well furnished with OHP's and LCD projectors. A very big auditorium is available for functions and celebrations.
The students are taught with latest technology teaching aids such as Power Board, Slide Projector, O.H.Ps, White Board etc.
A well maintained, disciplined and spacious library with books related to nursing with latest editions and different authors , news papers in English, Hindi & Local language, Journals (national & international), general books etc. are available for boosting the knowledge of our students. An experienced librarian is there to look after the library & to maintain the discipline.
A day and night transport facility is available for all staff and students. The college has its own vehicles and drivers are also available round the clock in different shifts.